For Sale: Price reduced to $239,000 Hannah Lilly Farm, circa 1790, 44.6 acres
Experience the thrill of bringing an old farm back into agricultural use. The Hannah Lilly Farm is located on the River Road, Dresden, in the fertile plain of the fresh water estuary Merrymeeting Bay and the Kennebec River, the destination of water fowl enthusiasts for generations because of its location on the Atlantic Flyway.
There are 44.6 acres of which three are cleared and suitable for growing and/or grazing. The rest of the land is in woods and streams, which provide abundant firewood and wildlife. Deer and bird hunters have used this land for decades. Features include:
• Excellent soil for growing
• Multiple apple trees
• A Large stand of fir trees within mixed woods
• Many varieties of heirloom plants and flowers
• Two streams crossing the property
• Two additional wells for agricultural use
There are two other well-known farms in the neighborhood, Goranson’s Organic Farm and Swango Farm, and many experienced farmers with whom to collaborate. Additionally, there is abundant farmland for lease.
The antique house:
The Federal style farm house has “great bones” and is stately yet simple, with straight, beautiful lines, constructed from large timbers grown on its grounds. While retaining many original features, it affords privacy, comfort and a space that is appropriate for modern living and busy family life. It has been gently, tastefully updated
The downstairs has an exceptionally large eat-in kitchen, with separate entrances to the dining and living rooms, which create a circular flow. Adjoining the kitchen is a bathroom/laundry room/ pantry. While retaining many original features, it affords privacy, comfort and a space that is appropriate for modern living and busy family life.
• Large, eat-in kitchen with exposed beams, wood stove, new Bosch dishwasher, Bosch gas range
with convection oven, French doors with views of gardens, grounds.
• First floor with all new floors and floor joists;
• Study/master bedroom with built-in book cases
• Rugged yet beautiful wide pine floors in every room including the kitchen and bath.
• Hand-carved molding and wainscoting original to the house
• Nine over six windows looking out on woods, gardens, fruit trees, and expansive lawn
• Ample storage space: unusually (for age) large closets in all bedrooms and a huge attic
• Burnham boiler replaced in 2002 and recently updated; wood stove; zoned heating.
• Roof replaced in 2000; all siding replaced 2001-2003.
• Outbuilding for wood, equipment, storage
Hannah Lilly Farm is centrally located in Lincoln County, in an area rich with natural resources and Native American history. River Road winds along the Kennebec River and Merrymeeting Bay, through fields and woods and some of the best farm land in Maine, offering heart-stopping water views and some of the best farm land in Maine. The area is peaceful in all seasons yet offers even greater access to outdoor activities than more popular, higher-priced regions of the state, including boating, bird watching, ice fishing, cross country skiing, hiking and more.
It is also close to the coast and Popham Beach and Reid State Park. Mileage as follows:
Bath: 11 miles Brunswick-16 miles Augusta: 23 miles; Portland-55 miles;
Jane Elizabeth Fisher, 207-315-5927, firstname.lastname@example.org