Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Seed Garlic for sale
Last Post 01 Sep 2014 07:08 PM by Little Bird Farm. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Little Bird Farm

--
23 Aug 2014 02:04 PM  
Maine grown disease and nematode tested seed garlic for sale. Porcelains: German Extra Hardy, Georgian Fire, Georgian Crystal. Rocomboles: Russian Red, Phillips. Softneck/Braiding: Red Inchellium, Lorz Italian, Polish. 2" minimum size. Volume discount available. Please contact for pricing. I've been rigorously testing for 3 years, via Dr. Steve Johnson, UMaine Cooperative Extension.
Seed
Seed
Greencare

--
31 Aug 2014 12:33 PM  
Hi - i am interested in some softneck garlic seed. I've always grown hardneck. Which of your varieties would you recommend to start with? - Mary Lou Hoskins
Seed
Seed
Little Bird Farm

--
01 Sep 2014 07:08 PM  
Thanks for your interest. Both Red Inchellium and Polish have long been grown in Maine (and not just by me). In general, Polish has fewer cloves than Red Inchellium and more color to the wrappers. Lorz I can only speak from my own experience and I rate in alongside the other two. Out of a trial of softnecks years ago, I disposed of all but Lorz. High fertility is a must for useful sizing of softnecks. I generally pull them 5 to 7 days before other types of garlic, as their necks and papers weaken if left as long. Their keeping ability is remarkable. Call me at 207-938-4113 if you have any questions etc.

-Heron Breen
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine