Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Starting to Raise Ducks
Last Post 19 Mar 2014 02:40 PM by frog hollow. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Adam Lee

--
30 Nov 2012 01:56 PM  
Hello, I am brand new to MOFGA.NET and look forward to learning more about raising animals and planting gardens, etc. for the purpose of becoming less dependent on normal commercial methods today.

I have been doing some research and it appears that the Khaki Campbell ducks are a good laying breed. Does anyone else have advise on how to prepare for them? Also, do you know of anyone who sells full grown Khaki Campbell? If I bought them now (November) do you think that is a good idea as long as they are fully grown and ready to live outside?

I appreciate any insight you may have.

Seed
Seed
Bridge Farm

--
10 Dec 2012 11:09 AM  
Hi Adam. We've raised about everything except ducks at Bridge Farm. You might check in with Joe Murray at DragonFly Cove Farm in Dresden. He raises ducks but I don't know about the varieties. His email is jamurray@hughes.net.
Bob Howe
Bridge Farm
Dresden
Seed
Seed
frog hollow

--
19 Mar 2014 02:40 PM  
we've got some khaki's their great at laying , a bit skittish and we've had limited success breeding try leary farm saco she was doing good a few years ago . she was selling great
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine