Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Coastal farm for sale
Last Post 19 Aug 2013 08:43 AM by West View Farm and Orchard. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Paul Mahoney

--
15 Jul 2013 10:14 PM  
Hello Farmers!

My partner David and I would like to sell our farm in Friendship. It is on 11 acres of fields and woods and is a short walk to the shore. Selling the farm has been a difficult decision for us to make. In 1943 David's great grand parents sold the farm to a young Vermonter, since David was 5 he told the family that he was going to buy the farm back one day, 35 years later he did. We are selling the farm because we are moving to Sicily Italy (the land of my family). What we are hoping for, is to find someone who is passionate about the land, farming and Maine to buy the place and live a happy life here in Friendship. We have had the house appraised and were told it should sell for $260,000. We would be willing to owner finance, but would need a 30% deposit.
If anyone has interest we would love to talk with you. Thank You, Paul & David
Seed
Seed
Herbal Revolution

--
21 Jul 2013 10:29 AM  
Hello Paul and David,
I would love to hear more about your farm, see pictures or come for a visit.
My email is herbalrevolution@hotmail.com
Home# 763-2899
Cell # 713-0856
Thank you!
Warmly,
Kathi
Seed
Seed
West View Farm and Orchard

--
19 Aug 2013 08:43 AM  
Hi Paul,

We just joined the MOFGA discussion forums and are curious about your farm. We currently own and manage a farm in Addison County, Vermont - but find it's too much for one person (my husband... while I work predominantly off the farm). Our farm is 28 acres with a well established orchard (220 trees). Our goal is to find a smaller farm that is more manageable from both a workload and financial perspective so we can both work on the farm. My husband today manages the orchard, two hoophouses, a greenhouse, a blueberry patch (150 bushes)... plus the rest of the farm chores (chickens, lawns, fields, sugar stand!), while I manage the flowers and herbs. My father lives in Maine (Newcastle) and my Grandmother lived on Vinalhaven, so I have always had a special spot for Maine. We saw your ad and thought we'd broaden our search outside of Vermont - MOFGA is so impressive and we are interested. Pictures? Photos? Taxes?

Thanks so much - Tom and Kat McQuade tmwestviewfarm1@gmail.com
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine