Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Potential farm for sale one hour from Portland
Last Post 22 Jun 2013 10:38 AM by Janice Campbell. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Janice Campbell

--
22 Jun 2013 10:38 AM  
I'm planning on selling my land and houses in Hiram, ME, and I'm open to various combinations of land and house. I have in total fifty acres, about thirty in open fields, maybe twenty in woods, with two houses on either side of a town road which deadends in two other houses you can't see from mine. It was once a farm but hasn't been for years. OK, so on one side of the road there is a small cottage I rent for $700 a month -- one large bedroom and a very small one and an open LR/DR/K with a small deck. It has a Renai-type heater and a wood stove. On that side of the road there is about fifteen or twenty acres, open fields and some wet open space by the main road and some woods. There is a also big woodshed and two vegetable gardens. Nice views too. I'm thinking $150,000 for this property.

On the other side of the road is the main house -- a Maine cape renovated with four or five bedrooms, lots of living space, a screened, windowed porch with a propane stove, big dining room kitchen with room for twelve eaters, and lots of windows. Lots of open land, lots of woods, one vegetable garden and lots of flower gardens. Oil heat and a wood stove in the living room, and a generator, wi-fi and cable. Attached to the house is a very large two story barn. I'm thinking $300,000 for this property.

OR I've surveyed two two-acre lots, one on each side of the road -- one wooded and one open, which could be sold separately. The wooded lot is $20,000 and the open one is $25,000.

OR you could buy the whole thing -- 50 acres, two houses, for $450,000. Lots of choices.

Janice -- 207 625 3689
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine