Holcomb Farm is a non-profit mixed-vegetable production farm in West Granby, CT (just south of the Massachusetts border by Rt 91). We grow on 26 acres of town-owned property for a 450 member Summer CSA, 75 member Winter CSA, wholesale customers, our on-farm farm stand, and a food donation program called Fresh Access. We use organic methods but we are not certified organic.
Farm Manager Responsibilities include:
- Production and distribution of produce for our 450 member Summer CSA (including 100 delivered boxes to West Hartford), 75 member winter CSA (5 month program), wholesale accounts, and our Fresh Access food donation program (up to 15,000 lb of food/year).
- Management of 5-member farm crew, CSA distribution staff, workshares, and youth weeding program in the summer.
- Maintenance of farm infrastructure including: CSA barn, 3 year-round production greenhouses, one propagation greenhouse, and one three-season three-bay Harnois Tunnel, tractors and additional infrastructure
- Communication with the board of directors.
- Marketing of farm enterprises and development of new enterprises.
- Oversee CSA member and public communication and administration of CSA membership working in coordination with the Holcomb Farm administrator.
- Manage relationships with landowners of rental farmland.
- Maintain and improve productive capacity of farm soils.
Qualified candidates have at least 4 years experience on a mixed-vegetable CSA production farm, experience managing a budget, willingness to work with a board of directors, marketing experience, have great interpersonal skills and experience in hiring and leading crews, and experience working with members of the community and community groups.
Compensation is competitive and includes health insurance and on-farm housing. Compensation is commensurate based upon experience. Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.