Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Looking for Farm Help. Shamrock Green Farm
Last Post 26 Feb 2013 09:53 AM by Shamrock Green Farm. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Shamrock Green Farm

--
26 Feb 2013 09:53 AM  
Shamrock Green farm is a new Farm located in Richmond, ME. My name is Mick McGuire and my Partner Mary Green works off farm full time. We will be Mofga certified organic this spring. We grow mixed vegetables and sell them at our store in Bath. Last year we had one acre in cultivation. We have added another acre and a 30 X 72' high tunnel for this year. We will be converting an additional two acres of pasture into cultivation for next year.
We are looking for full or part time help from a couple people. A couple would potentially work out well. Responsibilities would include all aspects of organic farming; soil preparation, planting, weeding, staking, harvesting, washing, packing and occasional stall cleaning,(we have two horses). Canning experience would be a plus. Experience on a tractor would be a plus but not required. Occasional cooking responsibilities would be expected. It is an opportunity for someone to get involved in the early development of a small farm.
Compensation would be primarily room and board with a small stipend. We are empty nesters with all the kids living away. We have a separate section of the house empty with its own bathroom. Kitchen priveleges and all amenities would be provided.

The ideal candidates would;

Have a love for a sustainable, homesteading type lifestyle.

Enjoy working with your hands.

Be physically fit.

Be socially compatible with Mary and me.

For more information if interested you can call me at 207 417 2208 or email me at mchlmcgr973@gmail.com. To take a look at the farm you can check our shamrockgreenfarm.com

Be self motivated
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine