Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
The 2012 Common Ground Fair
Last Post 30 Sep 2012 04:58 PM by Argyle Acres. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Argyle Acres

--
30 Sep 2012 04:58 PM  
I would like to say to everyone here: The 'Common Ground Fair' this year was fantastic! - - -

We have lived in many different places before coming to Maine. We have attended many other Ag fairs, the 'Common Ground Fair' is an 'Order of Magnitude' better than any other fair we have attended. - - -

We began attending the 'Common Ground Fair' in 2005, this was our eighth one. They have all been great. - - -

I really enjoy the workshops. Hour-long discussions led by an expert in his/her field. It may be available to locate an expert on one topic, make an appointment to talk with them. But that would be so much work, who realistically does that? Nobody. Here we can take notes, ask questions, exchange ideas, and really become so much more knowledgeable and effective as sustainable food producers. I love it. - - -

A couple years ago my wife did a cooking demonstration, just to share with others some of the things she has been trying in our kitchen using home-grown beans as a wheat substitute. She was highly praised by participants. After having so much fun doing that demonstration, she worked up new recipes for the following year [and she was hooked]. This year she developed two more recipes for using bean-flour. She loves doing these cooking demonstrations at the Common Ground Fair. Thank you for allowing us to have this opportunity to share. - - -

The Fair Volunteers are wonderful! I thank all of you. - - -

The Fair Staff is wonderful! I wish to thank you folks as well. - - -

We are on a journey of becoming off-grid sustainable organic food-producers, our journey would
have been 100X more difficult without the 'Common Ground Fair'. Each year I come home with many pages of notes with things to try. - - -

Bless you,
Galen Young
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine