Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Outdoor Work on Farm or Similar Environment
Last Post 17 Jul 2013 07:31 AM by Mark Rich. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Mark Rich

--
17 Jul 2013 07:31 AM  
I'm looking for an opportunity to work on an organic farm or similar environment starting in August of this year, with some type of outdoor work throughout the winter. I can give about 25-35 hours of work per week in exchange for a private living space such as a cabin or similar structure.

I was an intern at two organic farms in Maine from 2005 to 2010, one in Phippsburg & the other in Palermo, & have worked in organic gardens as well. Some of my skills include: basic crop production from seed-starting to harvest, greenhouse maintenance, & composting.

I'm familiar with small-scale maple syrup production, landscaping, & light tractor operation. I've participated in construction projects, & have created garden structures such as walls, fences, trellises, arbors, & rock gardens.

Other things I'd like to learn & contribute to, include: construction projects, alternative energy, & alternative building. If there are activities which require skills other than the ones I mentioned, we can talk about the details.

Furthermore, I could assist you in starting any projects you've been considering by researching, then either working with you or alone to complete these. This will depend upon your finances, existing resources, & inclination. I'm 40 years old & in excellent physical condition.

An ideal situation is this:
-A place offering year-round work that would like to become more self-sustainable.
-Stores are within walking or biking distance.
-Internet.
-Rather than being part of a group, I prefer to work on my own or with the manager most of the time.

Before an agreement is made, I can visit you. If things seem OK, maybe we can make a conditional agreement for a period of time, then extend it if things continue to go well. At that time I will also provide references. I'm currently living in Massachusetts.

For my complete resume visit www.richessence.com. The best way to contact me is, Mark (at) RichEssence.com.
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2013 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine